Dave Clamp

Dave is back in the lead!

November 16, 2010

At 00.05 hrs this morning (16th Nov 2010) Dave was back in the lead by 1 lap and, after having some food and Coca Cola, went to sleep until 04.00 when I woke him with a cup of tea and a nice bowl of hot, sweet rice pudding.  He is really in good shape mentally and physically and has a smile on his face!  He is now back on the circuit before any of his closest rivals and putting in 4 min 10 second laps to try to build up a healthy lead.  He has done 260 laps as at 05.00 which means he has 679 left to do!  Thanks for the continuing messages of encouragement!

11 Comments for this entry

• ivan davies (client) says:

awesome performance so far Dave, keep up those 4 min laps!!
    great updates John, in in the states with work so on the same time zone as you guys. Sounds like you’re a great team memeber/support crew.

• Victoria (niece) says:

Wow. Just thought I’d check how you were doing while on my lunch. You certainly have increased the lead!! Well done! Great to hear you are in good spirits and see you smiling. All rooting for you hear in the freezing fog! x

• Tim & Nicola says:

You know – I just had to walk up TWO whole flights of stairs to get back to my office to eat lunch. TWO!! :-)

And lunch contains pasta too, which is good isn’t it just in case I have to do the stairs again!!
    Don’t you forget to sleep some time though and mind those ducks! Keep up the focus… TnNx

• Pam Clamp says:

I’ve just had my lunch too ‘here’ in the freezing fog. 3 degrees. Even a lady walking her dog in Wetherby this morning sends you her best wishes. Keep on pedalling. xx

• harrietclamp@hotmail.co.uk says:

Waahoooo back in the lead yeeeehaaaa!! sam has left for his ski season this morning so don’t know when he will get chance to look online over the next few days so I will keep him updated

• Allen Clamp says:

W e don’t forget you John. You’re doing 3 men’s work and doing it admirably, Thanks a lot. Wish we could be there to help – old age you know Bye

• Helen McGuire says:

Just had to log on to see how your doing work emails can wait:) wow you are doing so well! Keep up the good work !

• Mike Searle says:

Well done Dave, I’m tracking your every move and you’re doing great. As Michael Jackson sang – “Don’t stop ’til you get enough!!”

• Jane M says:

Allez, allez, allez Dave
    I waited until you hit 600k before posting – a third of the way there – BRILLIANT – only another 1200k before you can go for a jog.
    Great run under beautiful blue sky in a cold, misty Delamere this morning, fantastic views from top of Eddisbury Hill – was thinking about you all the way round.

John – thanks so much for keeping us up to date. Great photos. Hope you are managing to get some rest.

• jens lehmann says:

come on dave! you can do it!!!

• Mike Cooper says:

Good to hear you are on target and doing so well! Keep those legs going mate, everyone at Forest Hills is routing for you!! NO PAIN!!